forum.LC8.info Foren-Übersicht  
FAQFAQ Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base SuchenSuchen KarteKarte KalenderKalender FotoalbumFotoalbum RegistrierenRegistrieren ProfilProfil LoginLogin

Lourdes, wait for me

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen     forum.LC8.info Foren-Übersicht -> Reise- und Tour-Planung Beiträge der letzten 24h (nach Forum sortiert)
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Albert1000Offline
Speichenputzer

Beiträge insgesamt: 29

BeitragVerfasst am : Mo, 25. Aug 2003, 19:53    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I've just made a trip to a KTM dealer ( 70 + 70 km, a lot of time wasted and four days without my LC8) to change clutch housing and an external oil piping. Just five minutes after coming home i see that one of two rear lights (the left one) doesn't work. Where is the problem, you say!
The problem is that nor I nor the near motoservice ( don't tell me that i shall do 70 km to the nearest KTM dealer to change a light) can change the lamp: the two screws turns on itself and don't come out of their housing.... and the manual doesn't help very much.
Mad FANCULOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

An other trip to Bologna... or does anyone can tell me something about it?

P.S.
The right silencer has an external temperature of 186 °C ( with engine off) after normal touring at 100 km/h, the left one 120 °C (measured wit a probe by the official KTM service). Why there is a so big difference? the left silencer is still silver, but the right is now almost brown due to this so high temperature. I know that the problem can be solved by KTM - SOMMER with two Akrapovic (925 euro, and it's even cheap, in Italy 1300 euro), but why KTM sells this bad thing?
I'm tired to waste time ( and money), I'will go to Lourdes to pray, because just a miracle can solve these problems without wasting too much time and money wacko

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen 
RobOffline
Hinterradspezi

Beiträge insgesamt: 1576
KTM 790 R 2020
 →  1.000 km
BMW R 1250 GS

BeitragVerfasst am : Mo, 25. Aug 2003, 21:00    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Ciao Albert1000

when you go to lourdes, pray for us, too ... but do not give up and go there with your KTM! (Yeah, yeah a wonder! I can go again! Laughing ) I've had some Problems in the beginning, too - but now ... Happiness whereever I am with my 'Käthe'

And Bologna is not that bad - because I think you've to go there again ... Somewhere in the forum is a description of exactly the same problem (funracer can you help him?) and the solution. As far as I can remember they had to destroy the backlight (don't panic it's a guarantee-topic) and replaced it afterwards ...

By the way: What means 'FANCULO'? And don't tell me that it's italian for 'the-left-bulb-of-my-backlight-does-not-work-and-I-cannot-change-it-because-the-srews-are-turning-round-and-round' Laughing

PS: My KTM-Dealer is 104km from my home ...
PS2: Why did they change the clutch-housing an the external oil piping?

tobleroneOffline
Fußrastenkratzer

Beiträge insgesamt: 925

BeitragVerfasst am : Mo, 25. Aug 2003, 23:32    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Somewhere in this Forum it's stated that in the first series they have applied a too high torque on the screws used for the backlight - one option would be that you "drill the screws out". I do not know exactly how it looks like, but if you are lucky you might afterwards just take bigger screws and the whole problem is solved.

My silencers look exactly the same and get about the same temperature (for sure far beyond 100°C...). I just know that my former Transalp had a bigger sized nozzle in the carburator for the rear cylinder. This results in less air/more gas mix and therefore cooler combustion. So I guess one cause could be a different (wrong) "setting" of the two cylinders in the carburator...

KlapphelmfahrerOffline
Schlammspringer

Beiträge insgesamt: 164

BeitragVerfasst am : Di, 26. Aug 2003, 8:49    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

@rob
FANCULO ist die Abk. für "Va fan culo" bedeutet in ital. ungefähr so viel wie "leck mich am A...."

Aufklärende Grüße aus Südtirol
Berni

Albert1000Offline
Speichenputzer

BeitragVerfasst am : Di, 26. Aug 2003, 12:08    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

"Fanculo" means in italian something like "take a dick in your ass": I don't know the german equivalency, but in english it is "fuck off" Smile .

I don'h have so much time to spend for my bike's problem: it's brand new and costs a lo of bucks, it should works very well without any problem. KTM should not sell this model without testing properly: yes, i's a fantastic bike, but i'am a customer, not a factory test driver paid to find every single bug of this (fantastic) very expensive toy. Mad

Ciao

BongoloOffline
Speichenputzer

Beiträge insgesamt: 38

BeitragVerfasst am : Di, 26. Aug 2003, 13:24    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi Alberto,

sad to hear that you still have probs with your bike! Sad

First the silencers: When you talk about right or left do you mean in driving direction? The reason why I am asking: The left silencer is connected to the rear cylinder and has a shorter manifold than the right one. Besides it is covered to cooling air by the engine. Therefore it should have a higher temperature. In your description it seems to be just the other way round wacko
In this case I only can imagine that the catalyst of your left silencer is not working - for what reason ever. unsure The missing conversion of the catalyst keeps the silencer cool and keeps his silver surface. Normally both silencers should appear in this golden to brown shape, no matter of different temperatures.

Second your rear light: It is obvious that the bolts of the light housing are torn out of their embedding plastic material. Mad They have a hexagon in the plastic cast. It would be very interesting for me to know what happened: Were both nuts more or less loose and turning easily together with the bolts or did you have to use high force before they went loose or could you turn the nut one or two turns out before the bolts began to turn?
Your information would be very helpful to improve this for the future!

CU

Bongolo

Albert1000Offline
Speichenputzer

BeitragVerfasst am : Di, 26. Aug 2003, 15:02    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Dear Bongolo, the silencer at 185 °C is the right one, serving the forward cylinder. It is very strange, but it's real.

Grazie, ciao

Albert1000Offline
Speichenputzer

BeitragVerfasst am : Di, 26. Aug 2003, 15:12    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Dear Bongolo, I' do not know exactly how to answer to your second question: the first attemp was made by the near motoservice, i've just tried after them to rotate a bolt. It turns but it doesn't move forward.

I think that factory thightened too much the two bolts with an automatic screwing device. <_<

Ciao

RobOffline
Hinterradspezi

Beiträge insgesamt: 1576
KTM 790 R 2020
 →  1.000 km
BMW R 1250 GS

BeitragVerfasst am : Di, 26. Aug 2003, 15:34    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi Alberto1000

I do agree 100% with your opinion - we shouldn't be test drivers (not for that much money WE have to pay Mad ) ...

BongoloOffline
Speichenputzer

Beiträge insgesamt: 38

BeitragVerfasst am : Di, 26. Aug 2003, 15:38    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Albert1000 hat folgendes geschrieben:
I think that factory thightened too much the two bolts with an automatic screwing device. <_<

Yes! That's exactly what I think. Shouldn't happen again!
But that doesn't help you very much - what you need is a new taillight.
... And I guess a new trip to Bologna is unavoidable... sleep Sorry for that!

CU

Bongolo

SOMMER KTMOffline
Angstnippelbeschneider
Beiträge insgesamt: 702

BeitragVerfasst am : Di, 26. Aug 2003, 16:02    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Bongolo hat folgendes geschrieben:

Second your rear light: It is obvious that the bolts of the light housing are torn out of their embedding plastic material. Mad They have a hexagon in the plastic cast. It would be very interesting for me to know what happened: Were both nuts more or less loose and turning easily together with the bolts or did you have to use high force before they went loose or could you turn the nut one or two turns out before the bolts began to turn?
Your information would be very helpful to improve this for the future!

CU

Bongolo

Hallo,

bevor das ganze im Winter/Salz oder mit Dreck noch schwerer geht, könnte man die SS Mutter gegen eine normale auswechseln und mit einer Hutmutter kontern. Das ganze noch zusätzlich mit Kupferpaste versehen, damit das auch noch in Jahren flutscht. Könnte eine pragmatische Alternative sein. (Improve for the future).

mit sportlichen Grüßen SOMMER KTM Rainer Kroll
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Website dieses Benutzers besuchen 
BruggmaOffline
Sponsor
Sponsor

Beiträge insgesamt: 7535
Aprilia 660 Tuareg
 →  7.000 km
Honda VF 750 SC 1982
 →  102.000 km

BeitragVerfasst am : Di, 26. Aug 2003, 17:24    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi Rainer

Zitat:
bevor das ganze im Winter/Salz oder mit Dreck noch schwerer geht

Eine grundsätzliche Frage zum Thema schmieren:

Die Kombination Stahlschrauben in Alugewinden und umgekehrt trifft man ja zunehmend an.
Wenn da ein wenig Salz dazu kommt, eloxiert das Ganze und sitzt Bombenfest.

Ist Kupferpaste die Lösung oder kann ein geeignetes Loctite das besser?

Gruss Peter

www.bbshome.ch
SOMMER KTMOffline
Angstnippelbeschneider
Beiträge insgesamt: 702

BeitragVerfasst am : Di, 26. Aug 2003, 19:04    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Bruggma hat folgendes geschrieben:
Hi Rainer

Zitat:
bevor das ganze im Winter/Salz oder mit Dreck noch schwerer geht

Eine grundsätzliche Frage zum Thema schmieren:

Die Kombination Stahlschrauben in Alugewinden und umgekehrt trifft man ja zunehmend an.
Wenn da ein wenig Salz dazu kommt, eloxiert das Ganze und sitzt Bombenfest.

Ist Kupferpaste die Lösung oder kann ein geeignetes Loctite das besser?

Gruss Peter

Hallo,
hierbei haben wir keine Alu/Stahlproblematik, sondern KTM hat es mit der selbstsichernden Mutter sehr gut und richtig gemeint. Beim lösen muss ich aber den Widerstand des Kunststoffstoppers mit bewegen, Dreck ist wahrscheinlich auch noch vorhanden - und das kann dann auf die Befestigung im Rücklicht gehen. Wenn ich nun eine eine normale Mutter einsetze, könnte sich die lösen, also kontert man mit einer zweiten Mutter. Hutmutter ist dann noch besser, damit kein Dreck draufkommt. Privat würde ich Kupferpaste nehmen (weil die fast jeder hat). Damit sollte das jahrelang zu händeln sein.

Wenn mit Loctite Schraubensicherung gemeint ist, ist die hier fehl am Platz.

Wenn es mal zu viel regnet (auch das gibt es) und man hat nichts zu tun, kann man das einfach umbauen. Wir nehmen dafür die schwarzen Hutmuttern des Adventure 640 Cockpits, andere Hutmuttern schaffen diesen Job aber wohl auch.

mit sportlichen Grüßen SOMMER KTM Rainer Kroll

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    forum.LC8.info Foren-Übersicht -> Reise- und Tour-Planung Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Beiträge der letzten 24h (nach Forum sortiert)

Gehe zu:  
Rechte